Motorola C139 V1.9.24 Won't Load from osmocom-bb

Mychaela Falconia falcon at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Sat Dec 12 22:58:22 UTC 2015

Hello fellow phone hackers,

Back in March-April of 2014 there was a user on this list (Rusty Dekema,
Cc'ed) who wanted to use OsmocomBB tools with a Mot C139 phone, but was
stopped by a locked-down bootloader; the phone had Cingular firmware
version 1.9.24 which none of us knew how to unlock back then.

Fast-forwarding to the present, I recently got yet another batch of
Mot C139 phones from ebay, and one of them came with that same fw
version with a locked-down bootloader.  This encounter prompted me to
research the problem some more and develop a new shellcode injection-
based method of breaking into these phones that should work with all
existing Mot C1xx fw versions, gaining code execution on the phone's
Calypso and allowing one to reflash the bootloader with an unlocked
version, among arbitrary other reflashing and hacking operations.

The new "universal" Mot C1xx unlocking tool is released as part of
fc-host-tools-r4; the link to the tarball appears at the bottom of
this web page:

https://www.freecalypso.org/c139.html

Happy hacking,
Mychaela