Usefulness of the Calypso (was Re: seL4 is open source now)

Alan Carvalho de Assis acassis at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 21:55:20 UTC 2014

Hi Scott,

On 8/5/14, Scott Weisman <sweisman at pobox.com> wrote:
> I think this desire is recognized. I remember an initiative some years
> back, started with some enthusiasm, that never got passed the stage of
> deciding on NuttX as the OS to use, and forking it.

We got NuttX running on compal phones (Motorola C1xx, W220, etc),
including display support using NuttX's native graphic subsystem. The
code was submitted to NuttX mainline and now it is integrated.

Unfortunately nobody with more knowledge about GSM L1/L2 layers was
available to help in the stack porting. During the porting we got help
from Steve Markgraf.

Now the scenario is more complex, the original "team" is separated and
we don't have spare time to help.

Best Regards,

Alan