I have a problem when load the firmware

Manuel Bieling manuel at elektret.de
Fri Oct 18 17:49:19 UTC 2013

On 2013.10.18 01:55:00 -0700, zhangseuedu wrote:
> Hi, all.
> I am a newer to the osmocomBB project. And i was trying to load the firmware
> to my C118 phone using CP210X converter. But after i input the command
> below:
> /.*/osmocon -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -m c123xor
> ../../target/firmware/board/PHONE_TYPE/FIRMWARE.compalram.bin*/
> i can only get some reponse shown in the terminal like this:
> got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 40  @
> got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: f8  .
> got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .
> got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: e0  .
> got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .
> got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 20
> got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .

Looks nearly as expected. I suppose you turned the phone on and started
osmocon after that or something...
Please try the following first. Turn phone off, connect serial jack,
start osmocon from command line. Watch the output and push the red power
button on the phone. Maybe that helps.

--
Best regards,
Manuel