Make Errors

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Oct 4 10:00:10 UTC 2013

Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> >> Looks like a path problem. Ensure the assembler (AS) for the target is
> >> on-path; and not the host's assembler.
> >
> > Read the error message and think about that one more time.
> >
> > The problem is not the assembler but the header file.
>
> That's an assembler error message.

Yes, that's right.

> It does not matter where the ASM came from.

It really does.

> You'd can get a similar error for inline ASM on a native (non-cross
> compile) build.

You get that error if you have a mismatch between the assembly and
the assembler.

> > The original poster isn't building against a cross-compiled libosmocore.
>
> Oh, my bad. So OP is building for x86/x86_64, but the header file only
> makes available ARM routine?

No. As the error very clearly states the "eor" instruction is unknown.

eor is a 64-bit x86 instruction, so clearly the header file is for
x86_64, meaning that the assembler is for ARM.

The way that can happen is, as I wrote above, that the poster isn't
building against a cross-compiled libosmocore.

> If so, I would think the ARM ASM would be guarded in appropriate define.

I think it would be useful if you sent some patches to improve the
osmocom-bb build system. Thank you!

//Peter