Query on flashing the loader

Bhaskar11 niceguy108 at gmail.com
Sun May 26 10:29:52 UTC 2013

Hi Sylvain,

Going through the firmware Makefile I find that you had explicitly enabled
only compalram & highram environments for the loader app in your patch
dated 11.12.2012.

The current wiki on flashing at
http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/flashing requires
to load "osmoload fprogram 0 0x002000
target/firmware/board/compal_e88/loader.*e88loader*.bin" and flash rssi
applications with "osmoload fprogram 0 0x010000
target/firmware/board/compal_e88/rssi.e88flash.bin".

1. So is the wiki wrong or do we need to patch the Makefile?

2. I want to flash layer1 app so that I don't have to download it every
time. Should I be loading "layer1.e88flash.bin" or "layer1.compalram.bin"?

Both my questions arise because I don't understand the difference
between layer1.e88flash.bin
and layer1.compalram.bin and layer1.e88loader.bin. I understand that the
highram environment is only for OpenMoko (is that correct?). A note of
clarification will be helpful.

Since I have already bricked a phone on the first point I am not able to
solve these by experimenting. :-(

B.