Which is the best branch for running mobile on DP-L10?

ubuntugirl ubuntugirl2013 at gmail.com
Thu May 9 21:01:44 UTC 2013

Hello,

I have just got myself a Pirelli DP-L10, and I would like to use it to
demonstrate OsmocomBB to my local LUG. I would like to demonstrate
mobile, talking to layer1 via osmocon, making and receiving a voice
call, sending and receiving SMS.

I only have a few basic questions:

- Should I use the master branch in osmocom-bb git, or one of the
other branches? The Branches page in the wiki is blank.

- Am I correct in my understanding that, at least in some branch (see
above), osmocom-bb does support this phone well enough to actually
make a call? (Yes, I realize that layers 2&3 run on an attached host,
hence the phone has to be tethered to a laptop running osmocon and
mobile the whole time, and I do know how to enable Tx in the target
build. :)

- How is the voice routing implemented? Do I need to use lcr
integration on the host, or will the audio come out of the phone's own
speaker even though all higher layers of the stack are running on the
PC? If the voice call audio does go through the phone's own speaker
and mic, which ones? This phone model has both an earpiece speaker and
a loudspeaker, plus the usual analog headset jack. Which of these
audio routing options are supported, if any?

Thanks everyone for this awesome project! I can't wait to show it
working to my LUG.

Kim