Structure of traffic data in burst_ind messages

Bhaskar11 niceguy108 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 19:17:49 UTC 2013

I'm able to track the channel and extract the data. But to detect end of
traffic I follow the similar code as in ccch_scan by checking the signal to
noise ratio of the bursts on the downlink but during SACCH bursts only.

In most cases app_state.dch_badcnt quickly climbs beyond 6, and the channel
is dropped within barely a second. Much of the traffic data bursts also
have a very low snr. Very occasionally, the channel stays on for 3 to 5
seconds, then drops. During these rare occasions the traffic data remains
with high snr for longer time also.

What am I doing wrong? Is this the right way to detect end of traffic data?
Is it normal for this channel to have low snr?