drawing of state machines

Alexander Huemer alexander.huemer at xx.vu
Fri Jan 18 12:49:19 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 12:47:21PM +0100, Andreas Eversberg wrote:
> just did some work on cc-ms.dot file. it is not fully reviewed. i
> would like to know how to place some boxes to specific locations,
> rather than letting 'dot' place that automatically.
I only have basic dot knowledge, but from what I know this not easily
possible, which is simply a result of how dot works.
If you really want to affect the layout, try to render the graph in e.g.
SVG and modify it in inkscape or so.
The rendering engine of graphviz also accepts parameters which modify
its behavior. I know of nodesep and ranksep. Maybe there are others too.

Kind regards,
-Alexander Huemer