drawing of state machines

Alexander Huemer alexander.huemer at xx.vu
Tue Jan 15 09:43:15 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 09:18:08AM +0100, jolly wrote:
> Alexander Huemer wrote:
> > I have just redone cc-ms.pdf in dot[1].
> i would like to open/edit it, but i don't know of a dot editor. i
> tried
> inkscape, but it does not support dot files. any idea what to use?
vim/emacs, choose your poison ;)
It's just a plain text file that you edit manually, it's nothing fancy.
Please see [1,2].
After editing, do

  $ dot -Tpng cc-ms.dot -o cc-ms.png

Dot is part of graphviz, here[3] is a preview of the result.
Maybe there is a way to give dot some hints how to arrange the graph so
that is looks a bit more like the original.

Kind regards,
-Alexander Huemer

[1] http://www.graphviz.org/pdf/dotguide.pdf
[2] http://www.graphviz.org/Documentation.php