drawing of state machines

Alexander Huemer alexander.huemer at xx.vu
Mon Jan 14 22:42:12 UTC 2013

Hi Andreas,

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 08:16:40PM +0100, Andreas Eversberg wrote:
> while reading about SMS state machines, i found some drawings that
> are not in the specs, but quite useful to understand some processes.
> they are:
>
> - MM idle process (MS side)
> - additions to CC (MS side)
> - SMC process (MS and network side)
>
> see http://home.eversberg.eu/gsm
>
> they might be useful and so i think they should be placed in the
> wiki. i would suggest to put them to OsmocomBB wiki in the "GSM
> Documentation" section. but i don't know if it is ok to publish the
> CC process, because it contains a scan of the original spec.

I have just redone cc-ms.pdf in dot[1].
- Your notes are missing, because parts are difficult to read.
  Please add them yourself.
- The original documentation is very inconsistent in the usage of '.'
  and '-'. I have done it as close to the original as possible. One
  scheme should be selected and the .dot file adjusted.

The other graphs should probably be redone in dot too.

Kind regards,
-Alexander Huemer

[1] http://xx.vu/~ahuemer/volatile/2013-01-14-rUI4rlcpbh4/cc-ms.dot