GTA02 Burst_ind baudrate

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Fri Jan 11 13:36:20 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 13:01:08 +0100
Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
> 2) The s3c2440 user manual provides at full reference on the UART of
> the application processor.  If you're willing to re-configure some of
> the internal PLLs, then you can achieve baud rates up to 921.6kbps.
> So I'm quite sure using the s3c2440 manual you can compute a PCLK
>    suitable for the non-standard high baudrate of  burst_ind, and then
>    compute PLL parameters for ensuring the s3c2440 PLL generates that
>    PCLK.
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2012-February/083151.html

Note that it probably didn't go into mainline according to the comments
of this patch.

Also do higer baudrates require an external clock(I didn't check in
the SC32442B datasheet)? (and I guess the GTA02 has an internal
clock,but I didn't check myself on the schematics).

Denis.