Cleaning up stuff

laFouine jordan.bouyat at etu.unilim.fr
Tue Jan 8 16:33:39 UTC 2013

Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi guys
> This is a question related to the compilation system of osmocom-bb. For an
unknown reason, something has gone wrong with my compiled binaries, so now I
would like to clean up everything as it was freshly checked out, before
restarting the compilation. How can I do it? Make clean and make distclean seem
not to be enough, since my compilation now fails with:

> cd ./doc && tar cf html.tar */html
> make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/dario/Projects/mobile/osmocom-bb/src/shared/libosmocore/build-target'
> make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/dario/Projects/mobile/osmocom-bb/src/shared/libosmocore/build-target'
> make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/dario/Projects/mobile/osmocom-bb/src/shared/libosmocore/build-target'
> cd host/layer23 && ./configure
> checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
> checking for gawk... no
> checking for mawk... mawk
> checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
> checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for suffix of executables...
> checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
> checking for ranlib... ranlib
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> checking for LIBOSMOCORE... no
> configure: error: Package requirements (libosmocore) were not met:
>
> No package 'libosmocore' found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables LIBOSMOCORE_CFLAGS
> and LIBOSMOCORE_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
> make: *** [host/layer23/Makefile] Error 1
>

> How can I clean up everything?
> Any help appreciated.
> Thanks
> Dario.

I had exactly the same problem.
I don't know why but  the libosmocore provided by osmcombb couldn't be found...

I fixed the problem this way :

- Delete totally the osmocom-bb folder (which you clone from the repo)
- Download and install libosmocore and follow the instructions :
http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/libosmocore
- Then, configure you PKG_CONFIG_PATH to aim at /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
- Then, clone obtain the sources of osmocombb and install :
http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/GettingStarted