No r-gsm cell shown in mobile app

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 11:49:30 UTC 2013

Hi,

> Have you another idea why the r gsm band not shown with 'show cell 1'?

I'm not that familiar with the cell selection process, but I would
guess it's possible that 'mobile' obeys the normal rules for cell
selection and so maybe the gsm-r cell you see are 'barred' or required
'access class' that your sim doesn't have and so are rejected as
potential cell. The sim also contains a list of forbidden PLMN that
should not be considered at all so maybe the gsm-r network is listed
there ...

You can probably see what's happening if you start a power scan and
see if the network is scanned at all. (might want to redirect logs to
a file for easier analysis)

Cheers,

    Sylvain