format-security

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Mon Dec 2 07:29:17 UTC 2013

On Sun, Dec 01, 2013 at 02:31:21PM +0100, Harald Welte wrote:
> Hi Max,
>
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 12:59:55PM +0100, ☎ wrote:
> > Should we do this as well for libosmocore? openbsc? other
> > (sub)projects as well?
>
> Yes, I would consider that a useful change.  But please also fix any of
> the current warnings in the same patchset, so we don't end up with code
> that doesn't compile anymore...

Please have a look here[1] for some warnings and how to write tests for
checking if the compiler supports them. In the long run I want the jenkins
compile the code with -Werror. We introduce compiler warnings more quickly
than the rest of us can fix them.

holger

[1] https://git.gnome.org/browse/folks/tree/configure.ac?id=18c629cf1d40a72c5f9f04a31dbdf4a265306cd9#n496