PNLM list overwritten

Dario Lombardo dario.lombardo.ml at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 07:52:44 UTC 2012

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 6:21 PM, Kevin Redon <ml at mail.tsaitgaist.info> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Curious, but I tested it and also came to the same conclusion (with a current vodafone card).
> The changes on PLMNsel are not stored permanently. On the next power up, the SIM will rewrite this file.

That's not exactly what I observed. Powering up the card in a card
reader, I checked that the list is modified. But putting it into a
cell phone, I found it restored.

> Here some code to test it: https://www.tsaitgaist.info/private/plmn.tar.xz
> The source is open (it uses libpcsc), but only use it to verify the results (e.g. not distributing it), as the code is not yet ready to be published (the file will be removed in 2 days).

Going to test it. Do you know open source suites for sim card
management? The most complete one I know is from Dekart, but is for
win and commercial/closed. Anything useful for open source/unix world?