modulo and frame number in mframe_sched.c

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 07:57:01 UTC 2012

He's talking about this structure :

struct mframe_sched_item {
        const struct tdma_sched_item *sched_set;
        uint16_t modulo;
        uint16_t frame_nr;
        uint16_t flags;
};

Which currently is most likely 12 bytes long and if you make modulo
and frame_nr to 8 bits, it becomes 8 bytes long and shouldn't generate
any unaligned access.

However I don't see the gain of space as really that much of an
advantage vs the potential time lost looking for bugs when playing
with non-standard multiframes.

The fact that we are currently almost full memory is just because we
still use the compal loader. We should just deprecate that and
oompletely and only compile the chain loader and loader with that
constrained memory layout.

Cheers,

     Sylvain