2G / 3G / LTE differences and similarities at layer 1 ...

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 01:54:45 UTC 2012

04.10.2012 20:55 пользователь "John Case" <case at sdf.org> написал:

> On Fri, 5 Oct 2012, Mh wrote:
>
>> i am not aware of a single doc covering this and perhaps suggesting you
to go read all the specs is not even funny . i've read a WCDMA book long
time ago and it helped me doing many different stuff over the years having
the correct big picture in details at background . sounds very general ,
but take a look . certainly helps .

> How similar (roughly) are 2G GSM, 3G GSM, and LTE at the layer 1 level ?

In short, all three are completely different. It's TDMA/GMSK vs WCDMA vs
OFDMA. For the details it's better to find tutorials on every of the three
and go through them.

Sent from my Android device.

Alexander Chemeris
CEO, Fairwaves LLC