osmocom-commitlog Digest, Vol 557, Issue 1

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Tue Nov 27 17:38:47 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 05:25:45PM +0100, Andreas Eversberg wrote:
> hi holger,

hi Andreas,

yes it is a hack and has only been pushed to my zecke/work-with-nitb
branch.

> i saw your patch, but i did not like it. i just breaks the way
> location updating is done by standard. it is a workaround and not
> committed to master, but i think this should be an option for a
> baseband stack that is designed to test an play with. therefore i
> made a patch to configure this option via vty. it is not tested, but
> it obviously should work.

Thanks for the patch. I wonder if something like removing the TMSI
from the SIM Card as a VTY command might be better? I triggered this
by deleting my hlr.sqlite3 and 'mobile' came back with an invalid
TMSI and the NITB does not ask for the IMSI.