the problem of burst_ind receive SMS in a cell

Joshua Pereyda pere5027 at vandals.uidaho.edu
Fri May 18 16:47:36 UTC 2012

I don't believe burst_ind is designed to sniff SMS.  Check out the
sniffing page on the website:
http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/Sniffing
(the site says layer23, but it's actually ccch_scan; I would update
but I don't have an account)

This presentation might help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrbatnnRxFc

You should probably also learn about GSM (not sure how far this
website can take you though):
http://gsmfordummies.com/

OsmocomBB, even burst_ind, is not really a sniffing tool; you will
need to do more work yourself.

Josh