Osmocom-bb Making a call

rola roladunjoye at gmail.com
Mon May 21 17:16:39 UTC 2012

Hi,

Good to hear that at least you can make calls with one and the other camped
perfectly with limited service. That is milestone you just covered with
ease.

>Where do u stay. How come you dont have a GSM band in your area.

I stay in US where GSM band is a bit different from the rest of the World
and as well the phone rf radio in some cases differ. The bands around me are
850 and PCS1900. My SIM career uses PCS1900. Also Motorola c123 with the
radio band serving my area is hard to come by. So I guess, that is where my
predicament lies. Hopefully I might get help eventually.

> I started with the layer23 application. I didnt understand where to  use
> this command. In which path??
>  ./layer23 -a 871 -i 127.0.0.1

layer23 app has been demoted for ccch app for a very long time ago. So
disregard any instruction related to running of layer23, it should be
ccch-app.

I will implore that you first search the mailing list archive for solution
before making a post; by that you can easily find solution to many problems
and learn from others mistakes.

Best of luck.

Sincerely,

Rasak