What does FBSB RESP: result=255 mean?

Joshua Pereyda pere5027 at vandals.uidaho.edu
Wed May 16 00:45:39 UTC 2012

Sylvain,

Thanks for the prompt and helpful reply (much more prompt than this
one).  That clarified quite a bit.

>> <000c> l1ctl.c:114 FBSB RESP: result=255
>>
>> I tried checking the code, but I can't quite figure out what's going on.  It
>> looks like 255 is an error code, but I don't know where to go from there.
>
> It just means failure to sync ...
>
> Most likely the ARFCN you gave doesn't carry a valid C0.
>
> Note that it's only tested on 900/1800. US band support is not tested
> and probably not functional especially in burst_ind. Fixing it is left
> as an exercise to the reader ...

Haha, thanks.  I tested it in 850 and scanned through channels 128 to
251 and was able to identify a Paging Channel (PCH) at 180, and some
other stuff on some other channels.  So ccch_scan appears to work in
the 850 band; not sure about anything else or about 1900.

Thanks again, just replying to document the findings.

Josh