about RACH DOS

gcc gouchengcheng at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 06:44:16 UTC 2012

I am a student in a University studying on the security of GSM, recently I
want use osmocomBB to realize the RACH DOS attack mentioned in Dieter
Spaar`s speech. but I meet some difficulty.

I do as follow:

continuely  sending RACH to a cell,and  ignore the GSM48_MT_RR_IMM_ASS
message ,also i lock my phone to the attacked cell,but after some time,the
phone can still call to some phone ,why?

can anyone help me?

thanks!