Osmocom-bb Making a call

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 12:08:53 UTC 2012

Hi,

> I read in the ML that a voice.raw file is generated when we make a call and
> when i am using sylvain/testing branch. But i dont get that file.. Where is
> it generated.?

Nowhere, that was some test code from a long time ago.

That was for sending/receiving voice frames when you use the _normal_
firmware to make a phone call. The capability is now merged and can be
used if you use your own custom MNCC control application (i.e. like
the LCR integration).

> The dsp_sniff patch is removed from the source code..
> /src/target_dsp/calypso/dsp_sniff.patch...
>  Is it true.?

The sniff patch is only in the burst_ind branch and that branch is
_NOT_ usable as a normal phone (i.e. the 'mobile' application won't do
anything coherent), only the ccch_scan application will do some
sniffing demo (and I emphasize _DEMO_, it's by no mean a complete
tool). See the http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/Sniffing  and the
linked pages for details.

Cheers,

    Sylvain