Working of ccch_scan and capturing the SDCCH.

Luca Melette luca at srlabs.de
Sat Jul 21 08:57:09 UTC 2012

On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 10:39:54 +0200
Sylvain Munaut <246tnt at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi list,

> > so to take complete advantage of sniffing 4 time slots we need to modify
> > only a ccch_scan app or some more modification also needed  ??
> > and what is someone need to sniff either uplink or downlink??

I guess I have to do some maintenance to my patch...
it's a bit old, and it must be merged with last master.

The downlink/uplink is hard coded, so you need to compile
the firmware once for down and once for up.
The host software also needs some patching. Normally you
would jump to the channel specified in the assignment,
but here you need two ccch_scan versions: one for the
"main" timeslot and one that jumps at timeslot + 1, if
you need to capture all the 8 timeslots.

I will send some update when I have time :)

Cheers,

LM