Working of ccch_scan and capturing the SDCCH.

Altaf altaf329 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 14:11:33 UTC 2012

Hello Sylvain

I am using the burst_ind branch and have some doubts.

I am using a test network, and it has no encryption. Usually the n/w has a
low load and the channel structure followed during the assignment is
SDCCH/4 + SACCH/C4 or CBCH(SDCCH/4). and timeslot 0 . SDCCH is assigned on
timeslot 0..

The ccch_scan is able to capture the SMS sent on timeslot 0 and also only
one of the subchannel as per the above assignment.

Just for testing, When I use two phones and send an SMS from both of them
simultaneously both are assigned timeslot 0 and different subchannels.
CCCH_scan could capture only one SMS. meaning that it could only get one
subchannel.

Am I right about ccch_scan or does it have the capability to get a complete
timeslot. ?

Thank you

Altaf