milenage usage

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Jul 18 17:33:33 UTC 2012

Hi Max,

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 12:50:24AM +0800, ☎ wrote:
> I've noticed that unlike a5.h and comp128.h (include/osmocom/gsm), milenage.h is
> located in "src/gsm/milenage/" and thus is not included into .deb packages.

the debian packages are not really maintained, we're happy if you want
to improve their status.

> What are the reasons for that and how milenage should be used properly?

neither comp128v1 nor milenage should be used directly.  Thei idea is
that an application shouldn't care or know about the detailed
algorithms.  It should all be handled by the library in a generic way.

They should be used via the generic osmo_auth api.  both the comp128v1
and the milenage plugin are registering themselves via
osmo_auth_register().