Open GSM firmware - OsmocomBB supports Neo FreeRunner

Pierre Pronchery khorben at defora.org
Tue Jul 10 20:58:34 UTC 2012

			Hi,

On 10/07/2012 16:43, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-07-10 at 13:14 +0200, Martix wrote:
>>
>> There is some GTA02 support in OsmocomBB project. You can flash open
>> source firmware for TI Calypso GSM modem. [...]
>
> There are 2 ways to solve the problem correctly:
> 1) help with the port of the GSM applications on top of nuttx:
> While the gta02 is supported in nuttx,we were currently focussing on the
> c155 with its drivers(such as display,spi,uwire,poweroff etc...)
> 2) port the layer 2 and 3 to the calypso without the help of nuttx.

I don't think nuttx is the only solution for the application processor
on the Openmoko: it should be fine to run Linux (or *BSD...) there.

In any case, I see another problem, which once implemented would help
integration a whole lot: a developer-friendly way to interact with
OsmocomBB aside of the Telnet interface. Easier said than done I know,
but I'll welcome anyone who beats me to it :)

khorben