3GPP - paging references

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 17:27:38 UTC 2012

Hi,

> In detail how can i match the paging for my specific imsi/tmsi to the data-channel assignment?

You can't ... There is no relation between paging and the channel assignment.

When the phone sees he's being paged, he will initiate the channel
request procedure.

He sends a RACH at a given time fn with a random reference (8bits).
And then he looks for assignement matching his RACH (i.e. the time fn
and random reference are repeated back by the network in the
assignment so that a phone knows the channel was for it).

Cheers,

    Sylvain