Control Update Location with osmocom

Todor Pirov refreakt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 11:21:46 UTC 2012

Hi All,
I'd like to know if it is possible to control with osmocom the UL requests sent from the handsets. More specifically the interval between the UL request iterations when there is no response from the HLR. Also is it possible to simulate manual registration to the network i.e. keep sending UL to the same network after the 4th UL has timed out?
I guess this could be a function of the baseband chip itself but some settings are controlled by the firmware.

BR,
Todor