Working of ccch_scan and capturing the SDCCH.

Altaf altaf329 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 10:15:23 UTC 2012

Hello.

When I follow the IMM ASS and again find the ASS CMD ( for TCH ) and make
the phone to follow it, I am receiving bursts(TCH and SACCH) both uplink and
downlink. I can see SI5 and SI6 on the wireshark.

For example If my duration of the call is 10 sec then the number of bursts
during the call will be (10/577us).
But I dont receive those many number of bursts.  Am I correct in this issue.

Are 4 phones necessary to record the whole conversation (UL and DL).?

Regards,

Altaf