900MHz packet radio?

Scott Weisman sweisman at pobox.com
Thu Sep 1 07:18:21 UTC 2011

I think you would be better taking your existing hardware, which must be
somewhat custom to begin with (since it works over wifi) and use something
like a HopeRF module (http://www.hoperf.com/) or similar. HopeRF has
transceivers with power output up 100mW, data rates up to 256kbps, and a
choice of 4 different bands (315, 433, 868, 915). This sounds like it would
be a far easier choice to incorporate into your already-working system than
hacking OsmocomBB-capable phones.

There is a lot of development from many different companies in this area and
quite a bit of hacker activity as well.

Scott

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 7:11 AM, Paul Gardner-Stephen <paul at servalproject.org