Ciphermode

Ronny Moser moser.ronny at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 17:50:27 UTC 2011

Hi guys..

I have a question about cipher mode.
I saw, that currently a5/1 and a5/2 is implemented.
Now, I want to force the phone to use no encryption (A5/0). Is it
enough to disable both of these algos?

Because when I tried that, I was not longer able to sign in..

Are there any patches that are necessary, or may it be, that the
network is not willing to provide a non-encrypted connection?

Usually, the phone is using A5/1 and with that algo, everything is
working fine..

Thanks for your help.

Ronny