OsmocomBB on Motorola W220

Alan Carvalho de Assis acassis at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 20:19:51 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I want to know if someone here already tried osmocombb on Motorola W220?

This cell phone is powered by D751749ZPH, but at least my model (W220
E2) doesn't communicate with "osmocon". The problem is not serial
cable because it work correctly with C115.

After some search I discovered the uart is disabled by software, some
firmware version let users to enable it after entering on engineering
mode (*#**372#), unfortunately my firmware doesn't have this option at
eng. mode.

You can see a picture of my W220 board here:
http://acassis.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/sam_1634.jpg

If someone has some idea for an alternative option (JTAG?) please tell me.

BR,

Alan