reading bts parameters

Tom ran-kun at gmx.de
Fri May 13 14:35:43 UTC 2011

Thanks for your quick replies. I have not yet looked at the code, since
somehow the mails haven't been forwarded to me. I just stumbled upon the
website and read that there were answers to my post. I will look into it
this weekend.
At the moment there is not git repository since I am sitll in evaluation
phase. It is for my masters thesis. I will definitely make the repository
public once I start working on it.

For now I have played around with the mobile application. "show ba 1" could
yield a list with band allocations of networks (correct me there if I am
wrong), I geuss this might be the stations that are around this area.
"show cell 1" gives some information on the connected cell. I have seen that
there is an option to put the arfcn behind the "show cell 1". does this mean
you can scan a arbitrary cell of which you know the arfcn?
I also put a SIM card in the c123 and tried "show subscriber 1" which yield
"No SIM present". Do I have to specify the SIM in the mobile.cfg maybe? IS
there any example mobile.cfg or some docs on the format?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Cheers
Tom