Fw: Re: mobile - making a call

Nico Golde osmocom at ngolde.de
Mon May 9 10:12:49 UTC 2011

Hi,
* Sylvain Munaut <246tnt at gmail.com> [2011-05-09 11:30]:
> > So any ideea where to look for the answer to the UPDATE_BINARY message?
>
> No not really ...
>
> But there is a good reason the SIM driver is not in master ... it
> sucks at several level, including blocking behavior in interrupt
> context IIRC, so it's totally plausible your machine speed triggers
> some weird things.
>
> My advice would be to:
>  - Cleanup the SIM driver
>  - Bypass it in the code and try to access a real PCSC device locally
> rather than the built in SIM reader.
>
> Both are non-trivial of course.

If you wait a bit you will get code for the second
suggestion. We currently have a working version that
forwards the apdu to a local client transforming this into
SAP and speaking with a SAP server that uses pcsc to talk to
a SIM card in an external SIM reader. My goal though is to
transform this into a complete SAP client in
sap_interface.c, I will work on that now...

Cheers
Nico