lost dump ?!?!?

screaming-pain at libero.it screaming-pain at libero.it
Thu May 5 14:28:34 UTC 2011

Hi list,

I know I am very slow in understanding osmocom-bb, anyway this is just a quick
question.
Is it possible that some of the gsmtap messages are getting lost?
For example I can see a LOCATION UPDATE and a LOCATION ACCEPT from the
'mobile' application log but there aren't the corresponding messages in the
wireshark capture,
though this does not always happen, I mean I had captures of location updates
other times, this is why I am wondering if they are getting lost and what it
does depend on.
for what I understood the gsmtap functions utilities are in gsmtap_util.c and
the one to send the messages on the socket is called by l1ctl.c am I right?
Can you help me understanding why I cannot see all the messages?

thank you in advance
Loretta