RFC: RTOS for Calypso

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Sun May 15 20:29:03 UTC 2011

> Nuttx is BSD, osmocom code is GPL. So, shall osmocom code for Nuttx be
> relicensed and only the application-repro contain GPL-code (probably no
> problem for drivers, but what about l1-code)? Or are we keeping GPL and keep
> in sync with upstream on our own (merging could get quite ugly if that
> diverges too much)?

I'd keep GPL for everything except custom modification of nuttx code
(if even required).

There is no problem to have mixed BSD and GPL code in the same
repository as long as the header of each file has clear mention.
All our drivers (even for board / platforms / ...) will be new files
and all of L1 as well.

Keeping in sync with upstream shouldn't be that hard if done
periodically. I also assume they don't rewrite their whole API every
month ...

Cheers,

    Sylvain