[ADM] Problems with osmocom git server

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Sat Mar 26 17:43:21 UTC 2011

On 03/24/2011 11:43 AM, Harald Welte wrote:
> Hi all!

> More technical details are available at this posting to the git mailing list:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/169909

Hey,
this seems to be either a race condition in git or in the kernel. I have a
workaround that issues a sleep(1) in the upload-pack program and it seems to
fix the issue. I don't understand how this is changing things (it delays
closing the socket a bit due being the last app to close it).

Right now the git-daemon runs in a thread, I could build a lenny package with
my hack if you want to.

holger