burst_ind and TCH

Mad mad at auth.se
Wed Mar 16 16:15:55 UTC 2011

 On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 18:48:48 +0000, 246tnt at gmail.com wrote:

> IIRC, the L1 in burst_ind mode doesnt support changing channel
> assignement without first resyncing to the C0.
>
> So you can not do BCCH -> SDCCH -> TCH
> you have to do BCCH -> SDCCH -> BCCH (wait for sync) -> TCH

 Ah ok, thank you, now I see frames... :-)

 What does the current master layer1 do to be able to change from
 SDCCH to TCH without loosing sync?
 I didn't found it resyncing to SCH/FCCH somewhere, but perhaps I
 overlooked it.

 BTW, after some time on a TCH it seem to loose the channel,
 resulting in frame loss and even complete break of reception.
 Am I guessing right that the missing feed of dsp measurements
 into afc and setting of RF gain - like it's done in prim_tch -
 is the cause?

 Regards,
   Mad