AW: no reception, 3 bars on original firmware

Andreas.Eversberg Andreas.Eversberg at versatel.de
Fri Mar 11 14:29:09 UTC 2011

hi calvin,

> I am having trouble getting any signal at all. the signal is around
-111
> dBm on every channel with the rf gain set on high.  The original

as harald said, it seems that your phone uses 850 and 1900mhz bands. the
filters inside only pass these frequencies. the BTS' in europe use
different frequencies than in the US. the current layer23 will only
support 900mhz and 1800mhz bands so far. i didn't care about other
bands, because i have no way to test it. i can add new bands to layer23.
your mail gives me some motivation to implement this finally. the
support of DCS and PCS in parallel is quite tricky. maybe i will finish
this weekend and you may try that out.

regards,

andreas