SIM-Max Tech's Super-SIM

Alfonso De Gregorio adg at crypto.lo.gy
Tue Mar 8 15:31:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Henk <henk.vergonet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually comp128-2 has a 54bit Kc it seems.

Have you observed a COMP128-2 implementation returning a 54bit long
Kc?, or have you heard about this from somebody else?
Can you please disclose more about the SIM model and the operator
running this A3/A8 implementation?

One more weakened key derivation function (after the first version)
would be interesting per se. Still, it would be even more interesting
to give a closer look at this obscure cipher we carry in our
pockets...

A programmable SIM with COMP128v2 would be valuable for a project I'd
like to contribute.

Cheers,

alfonso