openmoko problem

suraev at stud.ntnu.no suraev at stud.ntnu.no
Thu Mar 3 19:38:37 UTC 2011

03.03.2011 20:02, Pierre Pronchery пишет:

> make sure you check this page:
> http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/CalypsoRomloader

I did.

> In my case I found that it was enough to use two separate terminals, and
> then:
> 1. # echo 0 >/sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-gsm.0/power_on
> 1. # osmocon -p /dev/ttySAC0 -m romload firmware.bin
> 2. # echo 1 >/sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-gsm.0/power_on

Is this exact command you're executing?
Where did you got firmware.bin from?
I use
./osmocon -m romload -p /dev/ttySAC0 hello_world.highram.bin
(binary and osmocon are placed into the same directory).

> (actually you can even adapt this to use only one terminal with some
> shell trickery)

I connect via ssh so I can have as many terminals as I please :)

> anyway, with this done, in my case the modem was catching up the magic
> sequence and downloading code as required.

can you prepent osmocon with "strace -o /tmp/osmocon.log" so we can compare execution
traces?

thanks,
Max.