openmoko test

suraev at stud.ntnu.no suraev at stud.ntnu.no
Wed Mar 2 01:42:10 UTC 2011

Hello.

I'm trying to run osmocom on neo freerunner (gta02) with shr-unstable.

I've stopped fso framework and disabled fsogsmd, checked that nobody is using modem:
fuser /dev/ttySAC0

After this I issue following:

echo 1 > /sys/bus/platform/devices/gta02-pm-gsm.0/download

./osmocon -m romload -p /dev/ttySAC0 hello_world.highram.bin
Sending Calypso romloader beacon...
Sending Calypso romloader beacon...
Sending Calypso romloader beacon...
Sending Calypso romloader beacon...
Sending Calypso romloader beacon...

In separate console I run:
echo 0 >/sys/bus/platform/devices/gta02-pm-gsm.0/power_on
echo 1 >/sys/bus/platform/devices/gta02-pm-gsm.0/power_on

but I keep getting "Sending Calypso romloader beacon..." on 1st one.

Any ideas what am I doing wrong?

Note: I got osmocon and hello_world.highram.bin at the same directory on moko to
which I'm connected via ssh.

Btw, do I need debug board in order to get /dev/ttyUSB0 when I connect freerunner to
my laptop?

best regards,
Max.