Motorola C115 with OsmocomBB

Raz Sharif issertiv at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 16:18:17 UTC 2011

Hi Folks, just wanted to know if anyone actually tried the Motorola C115
with OsmocomBB ?

It appears to be difficult to source compatible phones in the UK but I did
manage to get this C115 Model and wanted confirmation before hacking away at
it only to find it is not going to play.

The wiki states :

Motorola C115/C117

It seems to be 99.9% identical with the
MotorolaC123<http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/MotorolaC123>/C121/C122
series.

So far, all our software (written for the
MotorolaC123<http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/MotorolaC123>)
is working on the C115/C117, too.

The PCB is marked E87, i.e. one number less than the
MotorolaC123<http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/MotorolaC123>(E88).

Any feedback would be very appreciated from anyone who has had success with
this particular phone from the Users side.

Thanks

Raz