Invitation

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Sun Jun 5 12:16:38 UTC 2011

On 06/05/2011 11:31 AM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

> So you are afraid that if you publish code that someone else will come by,
> gets your code to run, knows which kind of measurements you did, reruns them,
> comes to a conclusion by himself and publishes faster than you do?

And to keep it short. I am quite annoyed by (some) academics right now and
wonder if we should somehow handle it with an official statement or change to
the infrastructure.

osmocom is certainly a Free Software/hacker project. I want to share my code
because it just feels natural to do so and it is very enjoyable to work with
clever and intelligent (human) beings!

Now there is a group of people that are not Free Software developers and/or
hackers, I don't mind if they lurk, take the code, play with it, run with it,
in contrast I am happy if this code is useful to them. What I do mind is if
someone is posing like he wants to be a member of our community, happily
receives free support but when it comes to making a contribution, refuses to
do so.

comments? ideas?

holger