C115 using loader.compalram.bin

Bruce, Bryan BRYAN.P.BRUCE at saic.com
Wed Jul 27 20:10:42 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am using a C115 with a t191 cable.  We have completed the "Getting
Started" steps and have compiled all the necessary code.  I are
currently trying to run osmocon to download code onto the phone.  The
following output appears when we run the script:

bruceb at ubuntu:~/osmocom-bb/src/host/osmocon$ ./osmocon -p /dev/ttyUSB0
-m c123xor ../../target/firmware/board/compal_e88/loader.compalram.bin

got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 2d  -

got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 34  4

got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 29  )

got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 28  (

got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 32  2

got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 39  9

got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 30  0

got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 20

got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 2d  -

got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 34  4

got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 29  )

got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 0a  .

got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 0d  .

got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 02  .

These lines continue and no script indicates anything is being
downloaded, as shown on the wiki site.  I have unlocked the phone and
put it in "earphone" mode beforehand.  I have also tried to press the
power button as directed to.  Are there any suggestions on how to fix
this problem?

Thank you,

Bryan Bruce