Please can anyone advise me - FMTOOL Error and no further processing

Raz Sharif issertiv at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 06:39:37 UTC 2011

Thanks for the reply. No I am not using VM of any sort. straight Ubuntu
workstation. latest release from their Website. ISO installed and OsmocommBB
compiled. Using the testing branch of OsmocomBB.

Hardware is Dell Optiplex dual core 1 TB HD and 6GB Ram. It is a pretty fast
PC to be honest and works with most of the stuff i Use.

Cable is a T191 USB to 2.5mm Cable prolific.2303 chipset.

lsusb shows the cable as Prolific.

Rubbing fingers on the tip of the cable shows some characters so it seem to
work but I may be wrong.

Phone is a C115 Motorola from Ebay it works fine with a SIM and is just
another phone to all intents and purposes.

So I was going to try the FTDI USB cable today with the USB-RS32 convertor
which is a pain but i kind of guessed by eliminating that it then is the
phone or the Software and given that many folks had Cables issues that was
the way to go.

Any Ideas from fellow Osmocommers out there ?? :)

Thanks folks,

Raz