Osmocom FMTool error

Raz Sharif issertiv at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 18:03:08 UTC 2011

Please could you assist me with some pointers, Good work btw.

I am using a C115 with the T191 prolific USB cable. I can talk to the phone
but cannot load the Layer1 Stack.

I get :

./osmocon -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -m c123
../../target/firmware/board/compal_e88/layer1.compalram.bin
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 2f  /
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .
got 3 bytes from modem, data looks like: 1b f6 02  ...
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 41  A
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 01  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 40  @
Received PROMPT1 from phone, responding with CMD
read_file(../../target/firmware/board/compal_e88/layer1.compalram.bin):
file_size=51272, hdr_len=4, dnload_len=51279
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 66  f
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 74  t
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6d  m
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 74  t
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6f  o
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6f  o
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6c  l
Received FTMTOOL from phone, ramloader has aborted
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 65  e
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 72  r
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 72  r
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6f  o
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 72  r
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .

I press the switch once and it just jumps and does the same again and again
and again.

I read that this maybe a timing issue. I have installed on 64 Bit and 32 bit
ubunto on a fast machine and the result is the same.

Also i do not see Layer23 command during compile.

Please advise me i am happy to do the debugging but any pointers would help
me as i am willing to learn from this great work that has been done by you
and the team.

Thanks
Raz