wiki: SIMReader Was: Sim on C115 & C118

Bogdan Alecu b.alecu at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 19:21:19 UTC 2011

I finally managed to place a call. After trying to use the test base and compile, it gave error for some function which was expecting a parameter. I found that I had to put NULL as parameter and after this it compiled with no errors. I also reported this on irc and someone has fixed this - the repository now has this parameter.
Someone said that there should be two separate discussion lists - for users and dev - because there are newbie questions around. Well, I must tell you that I really did read the wiki, watched the presentations and so on and still couldn't find a complete guide on how to use Osmocom. As you can see, in the case above it wasn't at all my fault that the parameter was missing. Please don't jump to conclusions so quickly. My impression is that for an open-source project it seems to be more closed. If you did discover something then why not share?

For all who try to make your first call: if you followed all the steps from wiki and you still have problems making a call, check if your cable fits good in the phone and try also with the prebuilt arm instead of building yours. For me these two things did the trick.