problems on ubuntu (64bit?)

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 13:58:32 UTC 2011

Hi,

> some more informations:
> sometimes it is running, e.g. after a fresh reboot,
> but not after a rmmod pl2303 and modprobe pl2303.
> It seems it is something with the timing.
> Other people has also problems with programmers/chipreaders
> based on the pl2303 chipset and new ubuntu installations.
> Any ideas??

The bootloader inside the phone is sensitive to timing ... not really
anything we can do about it. (basically if there is a 'gap' too big
between two chars, the bootloader will fail).

You can try the mode -m c123xor  instead of -m c123  (which mods a
small detail).

Also make sure you don't use a virtual machine, that screws up the
timing almost certainly.

Cheers,

    Sylvain